Re: Triggers just to avoid unowned directories?

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 11:10 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 09/01/2009 09:34 AM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> > rpm could start refcounting directories any day now and that'd be just
> > fine.
>
> Is there an open trac ticket on this issue with the RPM upstream?

Not that I can see.  I had assumed their trac was more or less moribund,
since things like %{patches} and prov/req filtering have been
implemented but are still open tickets, but I guess we have those
implemented in redhat-rpm-macros and not rpm proper.

I'd kind of like to have a complete idea of how automatic-dirs would
behave though.  What happens when an autodir is on the filesystem and a
new package comes along to explicitly own it, possibly with different
permissions?  Does it revert when that package is uninstalled?  Do
autodirs containing only .rpm{new,save} after package removal get
garbage collected?  etc.

- ajax