Reboot madness? [Was: Re: dhclient and dhcp update require restart?]

I'm starting to be really bothered by this. Today kdenetwork requires restart due to... "fix Bug 515586 - Kopete: New Messages from changed resource arrive in new tab/window". Wouldn't login/logout sequence do? And that only if the user really cared, i.e. was using Kopete and this bug was really irritating him.

Before that imsettings required restart... kpackagekit required restart...

I'm with Matthew on this: "This is a real shame. One of the selling points of Linux is that you *don't* need to reboot for every little upgrade (unlike a certain other OS I shan't name)."

Is this something that should be bugzilla'd?

Cheers,
thufor