Re: Directory draft (was Re: Triggers just to avoid unowned directories?)

On 09/02/2009 09:03 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
Michel Alexandre Salim (michael silvanus gmail com) said:
Multi-ownership seems *far* preferable to me than using triggers to
move files around, or moving a prelink-specific directory to the base
filesystem package.

Then the guidelines should be fixed to create less confusion over the
matter.

Another precedence is with bash-completion -- the consensus is for
packages that provide completion scripts to own /etc/bash_completion.d

OK, I've written up the following, which should be more clear:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BillNottingham/DirectoryDraft

Comments?

I think it would be good to expand this to include some guidance on
-filesystem packages and when they are an appropriate solution.

Especially since one of the examples cited solves this by way of a -filesystem package (mozilla-filesystem).