Re: AucTeX dependencies and TeXLive 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 18:50 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> 2009/9/1 Jonathan Underwood <jonathan underwood gmail com>:
> >> Is that intentional? Seems emacs-auctex requires 11.85, while your
> >> package provides 11.84.
> >
> > AucTeX is the upstream for the preview tex package - so this is
> > another case where we need to decide whether to go with upstream or
> > the texlive version.
> >
> > In this case, I think we have to go with the upstream (AucTeX) one as
> > each Auctex release is tested against the bundled preview class.
> >

> Actually, there is an option to install the AucTeX bundled preview
> privately for auctex. so both versions could co-exist, if we wanted to
> do that (although that's not my recommendation).

Meanwhile, is there a workaround?  I can install the right tex-preview
alongside texlive-preview, but still can't install the old dvipng and
kpathsea to get emacs-auctex.  That kpathsea wants texlive-2007.

Thanks.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences