Re: Deltarpm xz problem with PPC generated rpms?

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Jonathan Dieter wrote:

Another alternative would be for rpm to have a private copy of the
xz-lib code that stays fairly static.  Not sure how that would go down.

Let us never speak of that again. Thanks.

So, to summarize, architecture-specific deltarpms are working perfectly
in rawhide right now, and, if you're running a PPC machine, all
deltarpms are working perfectly.  Otherwise, noarch deltarpms will build
into an incorrect rpm, and yum-presto will proceed to redownload the
full rpm.

Boy, I'm so glad we decided to jump onto the xz ship.

-sv