Re: Deltarpm xz problem with PPC generated rpms?

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 20:25 +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> Ok, I've just had a conversation on IRC with Lasse Collin, the
> maintainer of xz.  He's now planning on changing xz so it will produce
> the same output independent of endianess.  He hasn't committed to any
> timeframe, though.

<snip>

Sorry, forgot to mention, another option would be to sign the
*uncompressed* data in an rpm, so if the compressed data was different,
it wouldn't matter.

This would be a lot easier from the maintenance side of things, but I'm
not sure how feasible this big of a change in rpm would be.

Jonathan