Re: Introduction to a new SIG for creation of Live DVD

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 2:00 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin kofler chello at> wrote:
I think that if we're going to ship software,
we should also preinstall it on the live image. Otherwise users can't try it
out right away when starting the live system and they have to post-install
it manually after their installation.

The problem with this is that giving 4 GB of pre-installed stuff will only clutter the space and might end up confusing the user. A better alternative could be to increase the size of install image to nearly 1 GB to accomodate some more packages and keep the rest of the packages in the inbuilt repo.

--
Aditya Patawari
Join Live DVD SIG : https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/LiveDVD