cron/dbus problem?

Dear list,
Back in 2006, someone wrote the following:
Given the (puzzling) absence of an alarm/reminder applet for the gnome panel I tried (ab)using Tomboy for this purpose but hit a problem involving Cron and DBus. When I call "tomboy --open-note Alarm" the respective notes pops up but when I put the same command in the crontab I get this: Unhandled Exception: DBus.DBusException: Unable to determine the address of the message bus
in <0x0009f> DBus.Bus:GetBus (BusType busType)
in <0x00009> DBus.Bus:GetSessionBus ()
in <0x00022> Tomboy.TomboyCommandLine:Execute ()
in <0x00061> Tomboy.Tomboy:Main (System.String[] args)

Does anyone have an idea why the session bus seems to be available from a regular shell but not from cron?
Regards,
Dennis

Don't know whether this is of use to anyone faced with the same problem, or to help with wider development, but I solved the problem by using the following
line in a crontab:
* * * * * export DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=`cat "/proc/$(expr substr $(ps -C tomboy -o pid=) 1 5)/environ" | tr '\0' '\n' | grep DBUS | cut -d '=' -f2-`; tomboy (options)

Sorry if this has all been sorted out by now, but didn't know where to post.

Steve