Re: default fonts in Fedora

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Daniel Mach <dmach redhat com> wrote:
Which group should I install?
yum install @base-x is definitely not a good choice, it installs a lot of
packages I don't really want.
It's 107 additional packages to my current installation.

I'm just explaining the supported way to install a desktop (in the
case of what I manage that's gnome-desktop)

As far as I can tell, gnome-desktop doesn't include explicit (default or otherwise) fonts either.

Shouldn't a good/default set of monospace/sans/serif fonts get pulled in from somewhere, somehow? Am I missing something?

Would be going too far to be adding to (to some/all) font-providing packages, something like:
Provides: monospace-fonts
Provides: sans-fonts

and Requires's these somewhere? (an initial/naive choice might be in fontconfig perhaps)

-- Rex