Re: Intel graphics users: send me your VBIOS

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:45 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax redhat com> wrote:
If you have a machine with an Intel graphics chip, I need your help.
I'm trying to make LVDS connection detection actually reliable, and I
think I have a solution that involves parsing BIOS data tables.  But I
need more testcases to raise my confidence that it's actually a reliable
method.

So, do this:

% sudo dd if=/dev/mem of=/tmp/rom bs=64k skip=12 count=1

and email me that rom file, along with a brief description of the
machine, and in particular what graphics outputs (DVI, VGA, LVDS...) are
_actually_ present on the machine.

FYI (to the list), I already sent the following to Adam:

Dell Inspiron 6400 (aka 1505?) laptop