Re: Script to detect conflicting files in PATH within a yum repo (was Re: conflict between libotf and openmpi)

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Will Woods wrote:

----- "Seth Vidal" <skvidal fedoraproject org> wrote:
I wrote something similar:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/potential_conflict.py

which is what I believe autoqa is starting from for their file
conflict checker.

Indeed; see the version we're using in autoqa here:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=autoqa.git;a=blob;f=tests/conflicts/potential_conflict.py

It gets run as part of the 'conflicts' test every time the repos are updated. For example, here's the results for f11-updates-i386 on Sep. 1:
https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/autoqa-results/2009-September/000623.html
As you can see, autoqa noted this conflict in f11-updates:

libotf-0.9.8-2.fc11.i586
openmpi-1.3.1-1.fc11.i586
 /usr/bin/otfdump

It shows up in older results as well. Maybe it's about time to start having the conflicts test send out nagmails to maintainers? (Maybe just for stuff in -testing?)

+1

'bout that time, I reckon.

-sv