Re: yum-presto not on by default

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Andre Robatino wrote:

On 09/24/2009 04:39 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 15:32 -0500, Chris Adams wrote:

Lots of users are connected to high-speed Internet, so their update
performance should not be impacted to help those that are not as well
connected.

if we fix xz to use a sensible compression level, it won't be. Well,
unless you mean 'positively impacted'. :)

Does yum-presto make use of multiple cores when rebuilding the RPMs?
(My machines only have one, so I can't tell.)

other than the xz compression part I believe most of the time is disk bound, not cpu bound.

-sv