Re: yum-presto not on by default

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Ben Boeckel wrote:

Seth Vidal wrote:
Does yum-presto make use of multiple cores when rebuilding the
RPMs?
(My machines only have one, so I can't tell.)

other than the xz compression part I believe most of the time is
disk bound, not cpu bound.

-sv

The rpmrebuild operation has saturated one of my 3.0GHz Intel Core
2 Duo cores for at least a minute on large updates, so my guess is
that that part is not multithreaded and CPU bound.

right, currently - using xz -6 - which is using more cpu.

-sv