Re: yum-presto not on by default

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

On Thu, 2009-09-24 at 23:13 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, drago01 wrote:

which is why, I thought, we have documentation.

"OK lets read up docs on how can I let updates not require that much
bandwith" ... well how many users think that way?

How many uses who are using a bleeding edge advanced distro? I hope most
of them.

I know that when I have problems with something I google for the answer.

But they wouldn't be having any problems. It's not as if anything
doesn't work if you're not using yum-presto. They'd just be missing out
on a possible improvement.

So having an item like:

"I have a slow network connection. Is there anything you can do to make it easier to update fedora?"
Yes: install the yum-presto pkg

-sv