Re: yum-presto not on by default

2009/9/25 Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs math uh edu>:

> YY> This is an example of better hardware condition is actively seeking
> YY> to prevent innovation ("not my problem").
>
> Regardless of how this comes out, I fail to understand how you can say
> that when the entire system for generating these deltarpms exists and
> nobody is talking about removing it.  How is that preventing anything at
> all?

I'm sorry for my words. From my limited understanding, gzip is well
known for its speed, while xz compression makes some broadband client
unhappy. The point is to fix xz compresion. Well I really cannot find
a good technical solution, but there is a chance to improve if more
people used it.

--
bbbush ^_^