Re: Opinions on packaging ATLAS (for the x86 architecture)

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:10 PM, Christoph Frieben
<christoph frieben googlemail com> wrote:
> 2009/9/25 Chris Adams:
>>

> (Likewise, the default x86_64 package is currently called
>
>   atlas [ < atlas-sse3 < ... ]
>
> and is using SSE2 by default as expected for all x86_64 packages. Higher

Actually the atlas x86_64 package is using SSE3 by default. I believe
SSE3 is the least common denominator for the x86_64 cpus. And yes,
whatever is determined for the x86_32 situation will also apply for
SSE4* for x86_64.

Deji