Re: Removing provide statement from an existing spec file

On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 09:33 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> SSF> If I interpret the naming guidelines right, then a period is not
> SSF> allowed in a package name.
>
> Could you indicate where in the naming guidelines you see that a period
> is not valid in a package name?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Separators

"When naming packages for Fedora, the maintainer must use the dash '-'
as the delimiter for name parts. The maintainer must NOT use an
underscore '_', a plus '+', or a period '.' as a delimiter" unless
indicated by the few exceptions underneath.

-Stefan