Re: Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Mike McGrath wrote:
> Because we do seem to fight this problem every release.  Was anyone else
> confused about when the deadline was?  It seems very clear to me, on
> several occasions, when features needed to be in by.

This release cycle had an additional source of confusion because what used
to be called "Beta" in previous cycles was renamed to "Alpha" and what used
to be called "Preview" got renamed to "Beta". I think this was a big mistake
because it led many developers to believe they have a whole milestone more
time than they actually do. People are used to "Alpha" being a mostly
insignificant snapshot and "Beta" being the feature freeze, as it was in the
past. I blame most of the feature lateness on those renames.

        Kevin Kofler