Re: /dev/dsp

John Wendel wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
   I'm back to FC5 and here is what I see is this:

[karl k5di ~]$ ls -al /dev/dsp
crw------- 1 karl root 14, 3 May  2 17:23 /dev/dsp
[karl k5di ~]$ gmfsk &
[1] 2757
[karl k5di ~]$ *** opensnd: open: /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy ***

The bottom writing is from my application which see's this /dev/dsp is being used by some other application. But I can't figure out what it is.

Karl

Are you running the gnome or kde sound daemons, "esd" or "arts" ? Try running "/usr/sbin/lsof | grep -i dsp", it should show the bugger.

Hi John, I checked and it showed the application I am trying to use had dsp. I turned off gmfsk and then it said there was no use of dsp at all. So it would seem that the problem must be with my application. Thanks for the way to tell.

Karl

Regards,

John