[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Please 'leak' Fedora 8

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, John Summerfield wrote:

Overall, bandwidth is a much greater problem with torrents. That why some ISPs are "managing" it.

Typically 3% of an ISP's userbase accounts for 75% of the data used, so the other 97% have to squeeze something out of 25%

Two ways to fix it, ISP increases bandwith 10 fold, thereby dramatically increasing your access and usage charges to pay for it, or do what most do now, that 3% must now try squeeze something out of what the other 97% dont use, and thanks to devices like net enforcer, the web surfers, gamers, and those with VPN's and so on do not have their net experiences screwed over by a bunch of 16yo warez freaks or copyright violators, resulting in 97% of the customer base being happy.

And what of the other 3%? Well its tuff luck, and one thing to be sure of,
a *criminal* never calls the police because someone is stopping them from
commiting their crime.


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]