RE: Wise disk parting.

-----Original Message-----
From:	fedora-list-bounces redhat com on behalf of Steve Lindemann
Sent:	Wed 11/07/2007 11:36 AM
To:	For users of Fedora
Subject:	Re: Wise disk parting.

In days gone by the rule of thumb for *nix was swap should be 1/2 the
size of RAM.  Hadn't heard about that rule changing, but then I'm not on
the bleeding edge these days....  though on my servers with 16GB of RAM
it felt like a bit much setting swap to 8GB (but I did it anyway 8^)

How does "hibernation" figure into this equation?  I would assume that the contents of RAM need to stored somewhere on the disk....

<<winmail.dat>>