Re: My computer

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:

Notice f8 has already got a new kernel and it was properly added to
grub. This would not happen if the above was just added to the main
grub.conf.

Why not?
I don't see anything special about your setup.
Most people just have one grub.conf and this seems to work fine.

It works fine if you are not getting upgraded kernel's. I prefer to use this method because it is open ended. I can add more systems easy.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User