Re: K3B not recognizing sony dvd writer

On Nov 13, 2007, at 3:03 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 11:42 -0500, Lovell Mcilwain wrote:
Hello all,

I am having an issue where I can't get K3B to see my Sony DVD Writer.
When I start it, it promptly tells me that there isn't a writing
device available.

Make sure the service Consolekit is running, as I ran into this problem
while testing for F8.  You may just need to start the service, but it
might require a reboot if it doesn't initially. Just for giggles, maybe
also make sure kudzu, messagebus, and haldaemon are running as well.

I have just now done a fresh install of Fedora 8 on my system and I still can't seem to get my dvdwriter recognized. Can anyone offer any other advice?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best lil town on Earth!"