Re: linux readahead bug is back

Andre Robatino wrote:
My father just bought a F8 DVD, but it failed the mediacheck.
Send it back. The maker should have been smart enough to try the mediacheck on at least one DVD. I got mine from a download of the .iso file which I put on a DVD for both F7 and F8 and I did the mediacheck and they both passed and loaded working systems.

It turns out that the vendor failed to apply zero-padding to the ISO file before burning, and that the failure occurs about 40 KB before the end of the disc, presumably due to the readahead bug having returned. This had been fixed when F7 was released, but apparently is back now in both the updated F7 and F8 kernels. Anyone know when this regression happened, and if there are plans to fix it?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User