Re: [FC8] irqbalance dead but subsys locked

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
Hi,

My FC8 installation went well and running well too but every time I
shutdown my computer, I can see the message that "irqbalance
[FAILED]".  I didn't mind it much. Today when I was configuring the
services, I saw the irqbalance services and its status was "irqbalance
dead but subsys locked". So far I am not affected by failing of this
particular services but I am just curious about it. As the name
suggests, it must be for balancing irq services

but

Is this a serious problem? Is there a way to solve it? Can I disable
this service?

By the way this is personal fedora installation.

So does it start okay, or does that fail because there's a lock file? You might have to restart the subsystem, or even manually remove the lock file and then start the subsystem. If it's dying there should be something in the logs.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>