Re: a paper I can't find...

Alan Cox wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:39:46 +0900
John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:

Frank Cox wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:35:39 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre sasktel net> wrote:
You don't need a mainframe for that.  Take a look at http://www.ltsp.org
I don't think Tim was referring to thin clients.

An insurance company Daughter's working for's rolling out thin clients. She's not enthusiastic, she wants her real PC.

At the point of change is always the wrong time to evaluate reactions -
human nature will always say "different == bad".

otoh a bad change can be hard to unroll. I have used some Evectras. While not exactly thin, they're cheap and upgrades are limited: 1 SDRAM slot, and it's picky. Standard is 128 Mb, 256 is the max but it didn't like the 256 SDRAM I had on hand.
No PCI slots.
i810 chipset.

She's managerial, head office and talks to the board. And she might actually need something not too basic.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait