[rhn-satellite-beta-users] PAM_auth issues.

Jeremy Hallum jhallum at umich.edu
Thu Mar 1 18:56:31 UTC 2007

We are testing the satellite server out, and we would like to use
pam_auth to authenticate people using our kerberos server.

We find that we can log in fine, but when we attempt to run the
rhn_register command from an RHEL 4 or an RHEL 5 machine, we get the
following error:

[Tue Feb 13 10:37:26 2007] rhn_register
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnregGui.py", line 1712, in
callAndFilterExceptions
     return function()
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnregGui.py", line 477, in
_loginPageApply
     self.loginPw.get_text())
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnreg.py", line 211, in
reserveUser
     return s.registration.reserve_user(username, password)
   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/rhnserver.py", line 62, in
__call__
     message = pieces[2].strip(" '")
exceptions.IndexError: list index out of range

Anyone seen this problem?

-jeremy

--
Jeremy Hallum, Department System Administrator
Department of Astronomy,
  jhallum at umich.edu