RE: [rhn-users] Dial up Server and DNS

Go to this web site www.no-ip.com
You may find a solution.

-----Original Message-----
From: kalas [mailto:kalasmail ozemail com au]
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 7:37 PM
To: rhn-users redhat com
Subject: [rhn-users] Dial up Server and DNS

Hi,
I am running Red Hat Linux Version 8.0.
An Australian Company called Ozemail (I think it is the 2nd largest ISP in
Australia) does not support any versions of Linux.

A few weeks ago I was running 1 Linux Server and I was able to connect two
other computers to the internet via the server, therefore in total 3
computers being able to browse the internet. This is not the case now and I
have not been able to browse the internet from
other computers nor does the [System Tools] -> [Traceroute] Command work !

In my upgrade I tried Readhat Linux 9, but did not have time to resolve the
firewall and IP chains that needed to be configured to allow other computers

use FTP and HTTP commands on the Server.

Problem1:
Primary DNS keeps on changing to 210.80.58.34 and secondary DNS changes to
210.80.58.42. According to the notes found on www.ozemail.com.au the Primary
DNS should be 203.2.193.124 and Secondary is 203.2.192.124.

Note that 210.80.58.42 traces to an Asian company called aspac.net ?

Problem2:
Ping:
I can ping the my internal server but my workstation cannot ping the Primary
Ozemail DNS whether it be 203.2.193.124 or 203.2.192.124.

Could there be a routing problem ?

Regards
Leo