[rhn-users] redhat enterprise linux license conditions

I have purchased one 'basic license' for redhat Enterprise linux ES.

The license conditions are frightening, and I dar not to install
the software.

See: http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhel_us_2-1.html?country=United+States

I quote relevant sections from this license:

A. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
... The term "Installed Systems" means the number of Systems on which
Customer installs the Software. ...

4. REPORTING AND AUDIT.
****If Customer wishes to increase the number of Installed System, then
Customer will purchase from Red Hat additional Services for each
additional Installed System.****

During the term of this Agreement and for one (1) year thereafter,
Customer expressly grants to Red Hat the right to audit Customer's
facilities and records from time to time in order to verify Customer's
compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Any such
audit shall only take place during Customer's normal business hours and
upon no less than ten (10) days prior written notice from Red Hat. Red
Hat shall conduct no more than one such audit in any twelve-month period
except for the express purpose of assuring compliance by Customer where
non-compliance has been established in a prior audit. Red Hat shall give
Customer written notice of any non-compliance, and if a payment
deficiency exists, then Customer shall have fifteen (15) days from the
date of such notice to make payment to Red Hat for any payment
deficiency. The amount of the payment deficiency will be determined by
multiplying the number of underreported Installed Systems or Services by
the annual fee for such item. If Customer is found to have underreported
the number of Installed Systems or amount of Services by more than five
percent (5%), Customer shall, in addition to the annual fee for such
item, pay a penalty equal to twenty percent (20%) of the underreported
fees.

Question:
---------
Do I understand this correctly:
I can install Redhat Enterprise Linux ES on only exactly on system, as I
have purchased only one license (for $399).

I cannot install it on the 6 systems in my load balanced server farm.
If I do, Redhat can come at any time, 'audit' my system, and charge me
for the additional installations the full prices, plus a 20% penalty.
These are ANNUAL fees, i.e. I have to pay again each year!
For seven sytems, I need to purchase every year seven lisense, i.e.
spend $2793.- annual license fees.

This does not include any actual support, because 'basic license'
covers only 90 days installation support.

I tried to ask redhat support that question, but they would not answer
it, but told me to speak to "my company's legal department". Haha!

Why would I want to use Redhat Enterprise Linux?
I have been a happy user of regular Redhat Linux (since 6.2) for more
than three years now.

Redhat has announced that in the future it will provide errata (security
bug fixes) for its normal Linux (7.3, 8.0, 9.0 etc) only for 12 months
after original release.

For Enterprise Linux it would provide errata (security bug fixes) for 5
years.

I need errata for more than 12 months, as I don't want to update stable
and running systems as frequently.

Alois