[rhn-users] HELP!! Bad blocks when installing RH9. What should I do?

When installing RedHat9 I chose these partitions:
/dev/hda1	102Mb	/boot
/dev/hda2	2500Mb	swap
/dev/hda3	36Gb	/

During the block check I get this error message:
'Bad block have been detected on device /dev/hda2.
We do not recommend you use this device.'

So, I tried bootin single user mode but the bootup halts with these words:
EXT3-fs error (device ide0(3,2)): ext3_get_inode_loc:
unable to read inode block -inod = 3581089, block 7176198
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 5
umound /initrd/proc failed: 2
Kernel Panic: No init found
Try passing init=  option to kernel

Not great fun exaclty!
I then used the RH installation floppy's rescue mode to mount the file
system
at /mnt/sysimage. But when I want to change roots:
sh-2.05b# chroot /mnt/sysimage
chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: Inout/output error

But /bin/sh does work when I type /bin/sh!!

Also, fstab doesn't exist in /etc, only in /mnt/sysimage/etc. I needed
fstab to run fsck so I copied it to /etc and run
sh-2.05b# fsck-t ext3 /dev/hda2
and I get
The file system size (according ot superblock) is 9482366 blocks
The physical size of the device is 640591 blocks.
Either the superblock or the partition table is likeyl corrupt.
Abort?[y]

I didn't...

/dev/hda2 isn't in fstab by the way.

What should I do? I'm extremely helpful for any help!!!

Regards,
Marcus