Re: [Fwd: [rhn-users] Can not up2date]

I know this is probably the most obvious troubleshooting steps, but just in case you overlooked it (forgive me if you have done this already)

RHN requires resolving DNS, so you need to make sure you have valid entries in your /etc/resolv.conf

Make sure you can traceroute, and nslookup xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com

you may find a DNS error, or a network blocking issue on route to the RHN servers, if that is the case the only real thing you can do is contact your ISP and let them know to inform their upstream provider.

Check your up2date config (RH8 - up2date --config) and make sure you have an entry for your RHN Server, it may have accidentally or mysteriously gotten wiped. below is my entry which works fine.

https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC

Chris

Jeff Lasman wrote:

jonathan pickard wrote:

dumping red hat because the update tool does
not recognise your e-mail address and system properly might have been a bit harsh.

Funny you should write this. The reason I'm even on this list, the reason I even looked for alternatives for RHN, was specifically because I can't get one of my servers to register itself with RHN; the register client times out.

Jeff