Re: [rhn-users] Bootstrapping RPM - how?

Jeff Johnson wrote:

You can extract whatever you need from any rpm package by doing

/usr/lib/rpm/rpm2cpio.sh foo*.rpm | cpio -dim

I eventually solved this by unpacking the rpm rpm using the technique above into a temp directory, and then unpacking rpm's dependancies over rpm in the same temp directory. I then added the usr/lib directory inside my temp directory to LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and then ran the rpm binary in the temp directory and it worked!

:)

Regards,
Graham
minfrin sharp fm		"There's a moon