[rhn-users] Help, grub hangs after upgrade

RH 9, Pentium III 500Mhz. Dual booting with Windows XP.

Everything was perfect until yesterday...

The alerter yesterday told me to upgrade to the latest kernel (4.20-13 I believe). I did so and upon rebooting Grub just hangs (I see the GRUB string in the upper left corner and that's it).
I managed to use the installation disk to get in, and I can chroot in. All of my files are there, there are no logs anywhere (including /boot and /boot/grub) to tell me what might have happened.

The previous two kernel upgrades went fine.

Thanks for any help you may offer, or any pointers to where to look for help.

Roberto Leibman