Re: [rhn-users] Latest RH8 kernel does not include ipvs

I "rolled-back" the change by using RPM to remove the new kernel.  The exact command will depend on which kernel installed (RH7/8/9 will be different) and whether the machine is dual processor (smp kernel).  The "uname -a" command should show your current kernel.

In my case "up2date" installed the kernel-2.4.20-13.8 package on my RH8 machine so I used the following to remove it:

rpm -e kernel-2.4.20-13.8

and then re-booted.

If you want to leave the new kernel in place you could edit /boot/grub/grub.conf and change the default kernel to the pervious version.

Regards,

Peter.