[rhn-users] Updates trashed my system

Yesteray I applied the latest kernel and KDE updates from Redhat Network to my computer and things started going wild.
1.  My soundcard (Audigy) is no longer detected, modules do not load, and doesn't work.
2.  When I log out as a user I go directly to a command prompt, not to GDM.  I can not restart X, I can only shutdown, reboot, or use the command line.
3.  Applications crash once they start while using KDE.  I can minimize a window but not close it in any way.
4.  If I shutdown the process hangs at stopping eth0.  Nothing I can do will continue the shutdown process, short of just turning the machine off.

Is anyone else having these problems?  This has never happened with any other update, usually all I have to do is rerun the NVIDIA video driver shell script to make a new module for the new kernel and everything else works fine.  Thanks for the help.