[rhn-users] DNS problem in RH 7.3

I'm trying to set up a samba server in rh 7.3 and I am haveing a hard time
with looking up the box i'm working on through dns (the hostname will not
resolve).
>From the box I can ping ip's and lookup host names, I can ping the box, but
I cant look up its host name.
It feels like its not getting added into the DNS database, but that's
something that should happen anyway.

here are my settings

/etc/resolv.conf

domain domain.com
nameserver 192.168.16.xx (internal network dns)
nameserver 66.161.xxx.xx (external internet dns)
nameserver 66.161.xxx.xx
search ddns.domain.com

thanks, Matt