[rhn-users] Problem with NFS

Dear Fellow users of Redhat Linux,

I will appreciate any help that you might provide about the following problem which has suddenly appeared. I never faced this problem during the 2 years that I am using the Workstation since I bought it.

When I start the Workstation I get the following three messages, one after another in the sequence given below. This happens even when I unplug the Workstation from the Internet connection.

(1) Starting NSF quotas: Cannot register service: RPC: unable to receive: errorno connection refused

(2) Starting NSF mounted: Cannot register with service: RPC: unable to receive: errorno connection refused

(3) Starting NSF Demon: nsfsvc: connection refused

Kindly advice what these messages mean, and what to do to correct the problem.

--
Best regards.

Sheo
(Sheo S. Prasad) Creative Research Enterprises
P.O. Box 174, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Ph:(+1) 925 426 9341; Fax:(+1) 925 426 9417
e-mail: ssp CreativeResearch org
Website: http://www.CreativeResearch.org