[rhn-users] Strange - I select KDE during login, but wind up with GNOME

(RH8.0)

I don't what I did to cause this to happen, but I sure would like to
find out how to stop it.

I login as a regular user, and select KDE as my session type.
Everything starts up just fine, with my KDE background, icons, menus and
task bar as expected.  Then after about 30 seconds or so, a GNOME
desktop background and icons pops up over my KDE desktop.

As a newbie, I have no earthly idea where to begin looking - even less
on how to fix it.