RE: [rhn-users] KDE toolbar

redhat 9

-----Original Message-----
From: Oswald Wyler [mailto:owyler suscom-maine net]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 11:04 AM
To: rhn-users redhat com
Subject: [rhn-users] KDE toolbar

Until recently, I had RHL7.1 with KDE and a well-behaved toolbar.  Now I
have RHL8.0, and a rather odd tollbar at the bottom of my screen.
At left is a Red Hat, and when I click it, a long list of applications
appeears at left.  Next comes a desktop icon; when I click that, the working
window disappears, and a bunch of icons appears on the left.  The net
result is that my session is gone, and I have to start a new session.
As far as I am concerned, that's a no-brainer, to be avoided.

What puzzles me is what comes to the right of that bad desktop icon:
eleven (11) dented wheels, somewhat tilted.  When I click one of these,
I get a small window with a message:
Unable to run the command specified. The file or directory
file:/usr/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop does not exist.
What can I do to get a more sensible toolbar?

Oswald Wyler