RE: [rhn-users] Sources from up2date for already downloaded binaries?

Hattie Rouge  <== same question

I can tell you what I did which is to use rpm with an ftp argument to
get every src.rpm.  Took about a week at an hour or so per day.

I also noticed that when I use the --src flag, if a binary rpm needs
updating, then I get both the binary and the source.  Some one here
mentioned that src.rpm packages do not go into the rpm database.  So I
conclude that --src is a sort of tag along.  If the rpm database lookup
ends up doing a binary package download AND you have --src included,
THEN you'll get the source package too.  Source isn't treated the same
as binary.

I think this question has a corollary which is "How do the developers
get a copy of the source tree?"  I assume they use CVS to download it.
Rather than get source packages and try to keep them up to date, I'd be
interested in setting up access to the latest released source tree so I
could download only what I'm interested in when I want to look at it.

-HR