Re: [rhn-users] Strange - I select KDE during login, but wind up with GNOME

Have a look at /etc/sysconfig/desktop, i.e. open a shell and type:

cat /etc/sysconfig/desktop

chances are it is set to GNOME, though if you're selecting a KDE session,
that should override it. Try changing the setting to:

DESKTOP="KDE"

restart the X server, and see if that helps.

JC