Re: [rhn-users] Sources from up2date for already downloaded binaries?

On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 11:14:15PM -0700, Hattie Rouge wrote:

> [ ... ]
> > [mailto:rhn-users-admin redhat com] On Behalf Of Lloyd Zusman
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> > But how do you know you're getting the source RPM that
> > exactly corresponds to the binaries you have already
> > downloaded via up2date?
>
> I have to admit I don't know for sure.  The only sure way would be to
> build a binary from source and compare it.  I haven't done that.  But I
> have checked many of the src.rpm packages and they are the same revision
> number as the binaries.  I'm pretty sure.
>
> I also made sure I took all of them from Redhat's web site.

Well then, if that's all that you need do, then I might as well use
the pbone RPM server and just find the source RPM's for the exact
version of the binaries that I have.

This is a lot easier than I thought, then.

Thanks.

--
 Lloyd Zusman
 rhn yadda-yadda-yadda org