[rhn-users] GRUB problem

I have a 3 IDE drives and 2 SCSI drives in my system while the SCSI drive is the boot drive. The BIOS is set to SCSI first.

The boot sequence is: on-board ide-controler(1 disk), scsi controler(2disks, first is bootable), additional ide controler (ATA-100) (2 disks)

so far everything was working fine until yesterday when I updated my system to the newest kernel via up2date.

After that GRUB was only displaying

GRUB

and it didn't boot anymore.

after booting from floppy I went into GRUB and found out that my boot disk wasn't hd0,0 anymore it was now hd3,0. hd0,0 was now the first IDE disk.

I reinstalled grub (grub install) on hd3,0 and adjusted the grub.conf

after this: GRUB is now displaying the command line prompt when I am booting instead of booting. the weired thing is that at that point hd0,0 is the scsi disk

after I boot hd0,0 is all of sudden the first IDE disk.

I am very confused how this happened and more how do I fix it?

GIF image