Re: [rhn-users] Kernel 2.4.20-13.8 seems to ignore PCMCIA slot

Thank you, It worked that way. the whole pcmcia directory did not exist.

jchick maine com wrote:
I had the same problem but was able to resolve it.

If you still have your previous kernel installed, check the following path:

ls -l /lib/modules/2.4.18-27.8.0/pcmcia

There are numerous symbolic links in this folder which seem to have been left
out of the 2.4.20 kernel update.

I resolved it by manually creating the pcmcia directory and symlinks to the
modules I needed for my PCMCIA cards.

JC