Re: [rhn-users] ADSL setup in Red Hat linux 7.2

First check that somebody (a program) is listening on that
port, on the server (10.0.0.1) give a command like:

netstat -an | grep LIST | grep 23

And if there is a daemon listening then you will see
something like:

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:23 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN

If you see this, then the problem may be the firewwall,
change the rules to allow connections from the clients
you need to connect ffrom.

Victor Eze wrote:

Hi,

Network is not working on my linux system. when  a
telnet command is issued, the system displays the
following:
Trying 10.0.0.1......
telnet:Cannot connect to the address 10.0.0.1:
Connection refused by host

Can anyone explain to me what to do to get the network
properly configured.

Cheers

Victor