Re: [rhn-users] ADSL setup in Red Hat linux 7.2

Dear Victor,

You cannot use 10.0.0.1 as a network address. You need to utilize 127.0.0.1,
then subnet it with 255.255.255.254. Then your network will work.

If you have configured your computer to be a webhost server, then you will
need to obtain an IP address from your ISP-Internet Backbone provider, and
utilize that number as your servers IP Protocol number, then subnet it with
255.255.255.254.

By subnetting it with 255.255.255.254, you will have the option of
configuring 253 computers to your network. If you subnet it using
255.255.255.253, then you will have the option of utilizing 253 times 2, or
556 computers on your network. Utilize the subnet mask of 255.255.255.254 if
you do not have more than 253 computers on your network. 127.0.0.1 will be
your "gateway" network number, and 127.0.0.0 will be your "loopback" number
so Linux can test to make certain that the network is communicating properly
via network message packet sending.

Let me how this works for you, and if you have any problems or questions,
e-mail me back at guitar7 walla2 com, ok? Thanks!

Sincerely,

John - Guitar7 or RealGuitar7

John A. Jones
2219 E. Isaacs Ave., Suite 16