Re: [rhn-users] Default BOOT option on RHAS 2.1

On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 05:17, Ashwani Dave wrote:

> GRUB Ver. 0.90
>
> Red Hat Linux Advanced Server (2.4.9-e.3enterprise)
> Red Hat Linux Advanced Server-smp (2.4.9-e.3smp)
> Red Hat Linux Advanced Server-up (2.4.9-e.3)
>
> Using third option to boot the server whereas the server goes to first option by default. I want to change and use the third one as default boot option. Rest two option are not in use and if i try to do so, server hangs in between.

Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf or /etc/grub.conf (a link) and change below
line..

default=0

default=2

BTW, if you want it to boot up faster, change the line below that,
timeout=x, to a lower number.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes you are the windshield!"