[rhn-users] Pop - SMTP lag time after RHN upgrade

Just curious if anyone knows why my Pop & SMTP connections lag so long.

When I first installed RH8 it connected quickly.  Did some RHN upgrades and
now I get like a 20sec lag time on POP and SMTP.

This lag is experienced by people checking externally as well as internally.

I attempted to shut SSL off in Eudora to see if that was causing problems.

Someone mentioned something about IDENTD one time. So I Tried this

$IPTABLES -A OUTPUT -d any/0 -p tcp --source-port 113 -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

still lags on connect and send.. grrrr
wish I knew which rpm caused the problem I would remove.

I can still check mail, just takes forever and is annoying.

Rob