[rhn-users] how to migrate users ang groups from one machine to other machine

Fabián E. Barco febarco at colredes.com
Sat Apr 24 16:28:58 UTC 2004

Hi,
How to migrate users and groups from one machine to other machine?

The problem is with uid:
I have RHES 3.0 ES.
I have a machine with RH, then I want migrate to other machine, only change
of machine.
if I copy /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and /etc/group to new machine all work
OK.
My users id database begin in 500 and ends in 600. but it is
500,501,502,...549,559,560,...570,579,...,600
When I create a new user with useradd tool it uses 500,501 id. i.e. it uses
already users id.?
How to fix it?
How to do to useradd never uses automatic uids that there exists ?

thanks
fb.