[rhn-users] gnome-system-monitor Continuously Cycles Hard Drive

Mike Duffy mduffy_lists at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 30 13:46:57 UTC 2004

I installed Linux about eight months ago and it has always "bugged" me that some process hits my
hard drive about every two to three seconds (I can here the hard drive cycle).

I thought this was some basic flaw in the operating system; however, after doing some checking,
the "Active Processes" on the "System Monitor" shows that the culprit is the
"gnome-system-monitor".

I am using one of the latest builds of RedHat 9.0.

Other than switching to KDE does anyone know how to stop this continuous cycling?  It's like a
very annoying dripping faucet!

Mike